Coverings announced Installation & Design Award winners 2020
Coverings, the largest international tile and stone exhibition and conference in North America, announced the 18 projects receiving the coveted Coverings Installation & Design (CID) Awards for 2020. The CID Awards celebrate outstanding achievements in the design and installation of tile and stone in both residential and commercial projects.
“We were truly impressed with all of the project submissions we received for this year’s CID Awards program,” said Jennifer Hoff, president of Taffy Event Strategies, LLC, the event management company for Coverings. “However, there were 18 projects that superbly demonstrated the versatility of tile and stone. Coverings is honored to award and recognize their creative and sophisticated applications of tile and stone, each of which showcases the latest industry advances and trends.”
A panel of editors and industry leaders evaluated the project submissions. The submissions were based on tile and stone execution, original usage and overall design and purpose. Special recognition was given to those projects exemplifying spectacular tile and stone applications.
Projects were awarded using eight categorical designations: Residential Tile Installation, Residential Tile Design, Residential Stone Installation, Residential Stone Design, Commercial Tile Installation, Commercial Tile Design, Commercial Stone Installation, and Commercial Stone Design.
2020 CID Award winners and special recognition honorees are as follows:
- 2020 CID Award Winners: Design
- Commercial Stone Design: Redefining the Classic Brownstone Materials Marketing Chicago, Ill.
- Commercial Tile Design, Hospitality: Mercado Little Spain Juli Capella New York, N.Y.
- Commercial Tile Design: Valley Plaza Architecture Design Collaborative Bakersfield, Calif.
- Residential Stone Design, Small: Lux Modern Master Suite Angela Todd Studios Hood River, Ore.
- Residential Stone Design, Large: One Man's Home is Another Man's Castle Materials Marketing Madison, Va.
- Residential Tile Design, Large: Ocean Reef Armina Interiors Ocean Reef Club, Fla.
- Residential Tile Design, Small: New York Inspired Bathroom Details Tile and Remodeling McKinney, Texas
- Residential Tile & Stone Design: Bespoke Renovation Empire Kitchen & Bath Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- 2020 CID Award Winners: Installation
- Commercial Stone Installation: Christ Cathedral Carnevale & Lohr, Inc. Garden Grove, Calif.
- Commercial Tile Installation: Hotel Bennett David Allen Company Charleston, S.C.
- Residential Stone Installation: Portland White House Columbia River Tile & Stone Inc. Portland, Ore.
- Residential Tile Installation: Corte Madera Pool Grotto Heritage Marble & Tile Inc. Corte Madera, Calif.
- 2020 CID Award Special Recognitions
- Innovation in Tile: 12x12 Porcelain Tile as Roof Tile Ironstone Strong, Ltd. Sunset, S.C.
- International: Museo de las Colecciones Naturales COR Asociados Alicante, Spain
- Artistic: Hand-Cut Kachemak Bay Steam Shower Tierra Tile Homer, Ark.
- Artistic: RiverHouse - Bring the Outside In KatiaTiles Point Pleasant, Pa.
- Artistic: Six Beautiful Butterflies Custom Mosaic Creations, Inc. Silverton, Ore.
- Artisan Installation: Hand Cut Octopus Mosaic Tierra Tile Homer, Ark.
Each 2020 CID Award winner received $2,000. The honorees will be celebrated with an awards ceremony at Coverings 2021 and have their projects displayed via a specially designed flipbook and video at coverings.com.
The CID Awards judging panel included Chris Abbate, Novità Communications; Eric Astrachan, Tile Council of North America; Scott Carothers, Ceramic Tile Education Foundation; Kristin Coleman, Novità Communications; John Cox, Cox Tile; Kelly Doyle, Frank Advertising; Dean Horowitz, commARCH; Kathy Meyer, Tile Council of North America; Jennifer Quail, i+D; Jennifer Richinelli, BNP Media/Stone World; James Woelfel, Artcraft Granite, Marble and Tile Co.; and Dacia Woodworth, Natural Stone Institute.